Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Little Help Please

OK everyone. I am to make 30 sack lunches by tomorrow. They are for the men from our ward who have been going around and helping people clean up in Galveston and the surrounding hardest hit areas. The lunches must not need refrigeration. I want to be sure it is as tasty, healthy, filling, and as economical as possible.

Can I please get some ideas from my peeps???

Also, I am making a salad and casserole for 45 people for Sunday. for Galveston ward members who are homeless. Any ideas on something yummy for them?

This is last minute but we have had so much going on lately.

Thanks for any help at all!!!

3 comments:

beckee said...

I am so bad at packing lunches...too bad Anne can't go to blogs, I am sure she would have a ton of ideas for you!

I know a good casserole though that is pretty good. Swiss chicken is basically a casserole...you put chicken, cream of anything soup, swiss cheese and about 3/4 box of stove top-like stuffing in a casserole dish, top it with the other 1/4 of the stuffing. It is awesome. I bet you could add cooked rice to it in the same dish and make it go further for less money! (I usually serve it over rice anyway)...

Mother Goose said...

Are you going to be able to do all of that while your baby is in Utah having a baby?!? Good luck!

Karen Nelson said...

Thanks everyone. The lunches are made and have been delivered.
The casserole and salad will have to be made by another since I am leaving first thing in the morning now to go see Cassie and Jonny and baby. Have not heard yet if the baby has been born. Waiting on pins and needles here!!!
Thanks Beckee for the recipe...sounds great. I will have to make it for the kids when I am in Utah!!
Gee...it is so hard to wait!!!