Monday, May 25, 2009

Rain Came Down and the Flood Came Up

A few pictures of the flooding which we have experienced this spring about 3 times now.







On this time, Dan and I were crazily looking at cars to buy. I wanted to buy a big ole truck so we could get home safely.







We did not buy a car this day but we did spend about 2 hours trying to get home from a 15 minute distance.
Most of that time we sat in the Kroger parking lot. And we drove to the other side of the Kroger parking lot and got a Frosty to calm our nerves.


Of course we were really concerned for the boys since they were home alone and we had no idea how bad the flooding was. I called often to check up on them. I was so ready to walk to them to be sure they were ok. But Dan kept convincing me to just wait a bit longer and we did make it home. What a trip!








1 comments:

Laura said...

So, if we ever move to Houston I want a house that won't flood.