Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life

When we were in Atlanta for Thanksgiving and Charlotte's Blessing, we shared in a tradition
of Laura's with her family and watched, "It's A Wonderful Life".
Great movie, great meaning, and a wonderful movie to watch on Thanksgiving and have it be the beginning of a beautiful Christmas season. The movie helped to enhance and magnify the feelings I had already been experiencing.
I had been working on a project with others to help families who lost everything they had in Hurricane Ike. The second the idea was mentioned, I wanted to do as much as I could.
What a blessing it was in my life and I believe in my families lives. To think of others more than ourselves...others we do not even know...produced more peace and joy in our lives. I believe it opened me up to feeling even more and more joy as time went on.
I am not grateful for the hurricane or grateful for the devastation it caused, HOWEVER, I am so grateful it gave us the opportunity to give more service to others. I was so involved that I did not even do my own family Christmas shopping until 2 days before Christmas. It was so fun! We had somewhat of a small Christmas when it comes to packages..but the gifts were tremendous! The best I have ever had!!! My whole family was here to visit, including 2 beautiful grand daughters, Charlotte and Hailey. That is the greatest gift! What complete and total joy they bring into my life. Talk about joy in your posterity!! What a blessing. I could never ask for greater joy....except to have more grandchildren. Even thinking of them now brings great joy and tears to my eyes. Thanks so much Heavenly Father for such a joyous Plan of Happiness! And thanks to each member of my family, I love each of you so much and so deeply! And a special thanks to those who allowed us to serve them and grow in the process.
Yes, it truly is A Wonderful Life!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

It sure is a wonderful life, and I'm glad you shared your feelings. We had a great time visiting...it wasn't long enough!

Karlene said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful thoughts, I'm so glad you were able to come for Thanksgiving so that we could become better acquainted. It is one of the best Thanksgivings I've had in years. Also, thanks for opening up your home to Nathan, he still talks about the good time he had. We just love you and your family.

Sister Rippstein said...

Oh, you are SO my mother's friend. I am very happy for you though :)

Sarah Coyne said...

Lucky you to have both your grandbabies with you!! Thanks for sharing your feelings about how lucky we all are in so many ways. I think we forget too often!!