Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Metal Mouths

OK....I know it sounds really mean to say "metal mouths" but since I have actually worn braces for 3 1/2 years....I feel I can say it and not mean anything derogatory by it. Zach was SO excited to get his braces he was a bit difficult to keep still. He had a constant smile on his face. Unfortunately, Chase was called in first. Poor Zach had to wait a bit longer.


Chase on the other hand was NOT excited to be getting braces and worse, he does not like to be taken away from his beloved video games, book reading, etc. We had to wait 2 hours just to be called in and then we were there for another hour and a half. Since we had the time, I took the boys two doors down to Subway and gave them "their last lunch" for a while.

Still smiling....no pain yet. The following day, the pain had set in and we had loaded up on Advil, Jello, and Puddings. I also came home for lunch to pick them up and take them to get LARGE shakes. I felt really bad for them because I remember how much braces can hurt. They are over the pain for the time now and we have another appointment to get the bottom braces on later next month. But, in 18 month to 2 years....they will have a perfect smile!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Is Chase growing his hair out? It's getting pretty long!

Oh, getting braces is no fun! It was extra hard for me that first week because I can't really eat ice cream, pudding and shakes...that milk overload would have done me in. Looks like Zach didn't have too much of a problem with it. I lived off mashed potatoes for a while.

I'm sure they'll look oh so handsome with those straight teeth in 2 years!

Cassie said...

Sorry your teeth hurt guys. I wish I could relate but since I am your perfect big sister I never had to get braces...(c; I remember Adam having them though. Good luck

I agree with Laura Chase! That hair is looking pretty long.

Charlissa said...

Chaser get a hair cut. I agree with the other two and like they say by the mouth of three witnesses.
I remember I loved my braces!! I think braces are cute. You guys look great! Remember when your teeth hurt, brush them several times. It really does help.