Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Books, Books and MORE Books!!




Last Saturday, WE decided to get rid of some of our books. We just LOVE to read...well, some of us and we have a library full of books in our home. These books are stuffed in bookshelves, closets, under beds, in cabinets....you get the picture....lurking everywhere!










So, in my quest to organize my home from the past 22 years, I asked Dan, Zach and Chase to bring me all the books they could find. As you can tell they did exactly that and I began the long process of trying to decide which to keep and which to give away. It was very hard because some of the books have some of my best friends inside.






The books behind me off of my right side are marked for being taken to the Half-Price Books Store. We had two more stacks of the same size that we ended up taking to the store. About half of our books we took to the store will be dontated because they were not worthy of payment. That is sad....


However, we did get $65 back from the other ones they decided to keep and stock their shelves with. Dan has the money and I have a less book crammed house! We all win on this one.


At one time during the book round up, Chase asked me why I was putting the books off to the side and I told him that we were going to get rid of these books. He looked at the stack and said I thought you just looked at a book and said, Oh, I love this book. I told him that I did and he then wanted to know why I would get rid of the book. I explained that since there were so many good books I had more than I could ever read in this life to still try and read. He could not understand parting with your favs. He has all his favs on his bookshelf headboard and re-reads them all the time.


In all honestly, I do still have some of my favs.....Twilight, Breaking Dawn and Eclipse still have a place in my heart and on my bookshelf.


3 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun project. Oh how I wish I lived by you so that I too could enjoy the thrill of getting rid of stuff that has become clutter with you. We have a lot of books too, and we're running out of room for them on our bookself. I could get rid of some of them, but I'm with Chase on not being able to get rid of favorites. Even if I never read them again, I just can't part from them.

Cassie said...

Good job mom! I guess maybe I wont have to send in those picture to Clean This House, even though that could have been fun.

Karen Nelson said...

Oh my gosh Laura...I want to fly you out so badly and have you help with the BIG clean up. No one here is even the least bit excited to be involved with me in this task.