Friday, March 21, 2008

A Perfect Day at the Temple

Dan took the day off and I was on Spring Break and we went to the Temple together. We had a really nice time and enjoyed the entire day.

As you can see March in Texas is absolutely gorgeous! The Temple grounds were very beautiful and we just had to get some pictures to post so everyone can be a bit jealous of our lovely weather. Of course, in a month or so when it is 100 degrees with about the same humidity, we will not be so prideful.



A sister missionary came up and offered to take our pictures...bless her heart. Aren't we just adorable?? What a huge blessing my husband has been in my life and I am so lucky and grateful to have him with me nearly 30 years now. I pray we have 30 more at least on this earth together!

And how I love this Temple! What a day it was when President Hickley came and dedicated it and we were sitting in the large sealing room where Cassie and Jonny were sealed. So many wonderful things have happened here.

This last picture Dan had to take because he wanted a beautiful girl in with the beautiful cherry blossom buds. Told you he is wonderful!!!

7 comments:

Laura said...

You two are so adorable! I am SO jealous of the wonderful weather you are having. It snowed again last night...sigh!

Cassie said...

Those are some really cute pictures! All the flowers are so fun.

Karlene said...

Beautiful temple and beautiful couple, congratulations on being together almost 30 years.

Charlissa said...

I am way jealous of the weather y'all are having too! I went to the temple yesterday and had to walk home in the snow with wet hair! It was quite the adventure.

Barbara said...

Hey, you two look good....sure was fun to see you up at the temple. I'm curious as to how many books you actually got rid of...it is way too hard for us! Anyway, Happy Spring....enjoy now....we all KNOW that summer is coming!

Karen Nelson said...

Karlene,
Thanks for checking out of blog. I am not very good at this, but I am willing to learn!
I am very excited for your family... so many wonderful things happening so quickly together. What a blessing!

Karen Nelson said...

Don't be too jealous...today it was 85! We are going ot be in the triple digits way too soon I am afraid.